Warm cinnamon and sweet pumpkin cakes get rolled up with cream cheese frosting. They're perfect for autumn entertaining.
- 9 eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin pureé
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Grease two 13- by 18-inch sheet pans, line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin puree. In a separate bowl mix together the flour and baking soda, then add to pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth.
3. Evenly spread the mixture in the prepared sheet pans and bake 15-20 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and a tooth pick comes out clean.
4. While the cake is still hot, remove the cake from the pan and transfer onto a piece of parchment paper and roll up the cake with the parchment on the inside.
5. While the cake is cooling mix together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and ground ginger and whip in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until light and creamy.
6. Once the cakes are completely cooled, carefully unroll, making sure not to break the cake, and remove the parchment. Spread the entire cream cheese mixture on the inside of the cakes and roll back up without the parchment paper finishing with the seam side down. Transfer the pumpkin rolls to large sheets of plastic wrap, and tightly wrap and store in the refrigerator seam side down until ready to slice.