These pumpkin cookies are like fluffy clouds of pumpkin-spice heaven. The pumpkin adds a subtle flavor that isn't too overpowering, while lending to the extremely soft and fluffy texture of these cookies, to make them almost cake-like. Even if you're a pumpkin skeptic, you can't deny the magic that is made when these cakey cookies meet melted chocolate chips — it's a true match made in fall heaven.
Technique tip: Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls to ensure that the cookie dough is fully incorporated.
Swap option: Use 1 regular egg in the place of the 2 flax eggs. Use peanut butter or cashew butter instead of almond butter.
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons water; set aside to thicken before adding to recipe)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment or grease it lightly with coconut oil.
2. Prepare flax eggs by combining 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 5 tablespoons warm water. Set aside to thicken.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together pumpkin purée, melted and cooled coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
4. Add coconut sugar and mix once again until fully incorporated. Add thickened flax eggs or regular egg and stir to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt until thoroughly incorporated.
6. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips. Form the cookie dough into 2-3 tablespoon amounts and press down slightly. Add more chocolate chips on top, if desired.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cookies are fluffy and golden-brown around the edges. Cool before enjoying!