For brunch, I usually think it’s nice to have something savory when you eat something sweet. This pulled pork bread pudding combines the best of both worlds. It’s loaded with savory, meaty pulled pork, buttery chopped croissants, sweet maple syrup and just a touch of sriracha for extra flavor. Make it ahead and take it with you! And serve it with cabernet sauvignon.
- ½ pound prepared pulled pork
- ¼ cup sriracha
- 1½ cups maple syrup, divided
- 12 croissants, roughly chopped
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pulled pork with the sriracha and 1 cup of the maple syrup. Set aside.
3. Place half of the chopped croissants in a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream and milk. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and honey.
5. Add the toasted and untoasted chopped croissants to the mixture. Combine until the croissants are coated. Add the pulled pork mixture and mix well.
6. Spray a large baking pan with the cooking spray. Add the mixture to the pan. Drizzle the remaining ½ cup of maple syrup over the top. The mixture can be baked immediately for 25 to 30 minutes. Alternatively, refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours or overnight before baking.