This super quick, 2-ingredient slaw is one of my favorite things about this sandwich. It comes together in just a few minutes but has a big flavor payoff. Every ingredient gets a chance to shine through.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 4 cooked chicken thighs, hand-shredded
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices tomato
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the shredded cabbage with the Thousand Island dressing. Set aside.
3. Place buns cut side up onto a large baking sheet. Spread mayonnaise on both top and bottom buns. Top each bottom bun with a healthy helping of shredded chicken along with a slice of provolone. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and chicken is heated through, making sure not to burn the bun.
4. Top the melted cheese with a slice of tomato and a scoop of the slaw. Place the top bun onto each sandwich.