These roses made from potatoes are so fun to make, even kids will be into them! Be adventurous and customize them to your tastes. Change the cheese or spices, or add more or less of the seasonings to suit your taste. Just slice 'em, mix 'em, roll 'em and bake 'em. The hardest thing is not eating all of them.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Slice potatoes length-wise into 1/8-inch thick slices using a mandolin or a peeler.
3. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, oil, thyme, cheese, salt and pepper until potatoes are evenly coated.
4. For each rose, lay out about 14 slices lengthwise and slightly overlapping. Carefully roll them and place into the prepared muffin tin.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the edges are crispy with the center cooked through. Plate and serve.