This old school, classic dinner favorite is a quick protein I can toss inside the pressure cooker on evenings when I just want something quick and filling for the kids. I love to pair it with garlicky mashed cauliflower or green beans.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in an electric pressure cooker.
2. Place the lid on the cooker and make sure the vent valve is in the sealing position. Using the display panel, select the manual/pressure cook function and high pressure and use the +/− buttons until the display reads 8 minutes.
3. When the cooker beeps to let you know it's finished, let it naturally release pressure until the display reads LO:15. Switch the vent valve from the sealing to the venting position. Use caution while the steam escapes — it's hot.
4. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Divide the pork evenly among four plates and drizzle each serving with the pot juices (herb au jus).
Excerpted from "Instant Loss: Eat Real, Lose Weight: How I Lost 125 Pounds" © 2019 by Brittany Williams. Photography © 2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.