One of Cleveland, Ohio's signature dishes is the Polish Boy Sandwich, a hoagie filled with kielbasa, vinegar-based coleslaw, french fries, barbecue sauce and hot sauce. Now, doesn't that make you want to move there? We feel the same way.
Chef's note: Feel free to substitute store-bought vinegar based coleslaw.
- 4 kielbasa or Polish sausages
- 4 hoagie buns
- Barbecue sauce of choice
- 2 cups store-bought vinegar-based coleslaw or homemade coleslaw(see below)
- Homemade or store-bought French fries, cooked
- 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 ounce Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound Napa cabbage
- 1/2 pound shaved Brussels sprouts
For the Polish Boy sandwich:
Preheat a grill or grill pan. Grill the kielbasa until cooked through. Add kielbasa to a hoagie, top with barbecue, coleslaw and French fries, and enjoy!
For the homemade Sawyer slaw (optional):
Mix all ingredients to form a dressing. Mix cabbage and Brussels sprouts together in a bowl. Slowly add dressing to cabbage mix. Mix well.