- In a saucepan large enough to hold all the pears, combine the wine, simple syrup, cinnamon sticks, honey and ginger. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla bean and add the bean to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the honey has melted.
- Add the pears and simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the pears are tender. Remove the pears from the liquid and allow to cool.
- Continue to simmer the liquid until it thickens and is reduced by half, about 15-20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and the vanilla bean and discard. Place each pear on a small serving plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with the Honey, Ginger and Cinnamon syrup. Serve immediately.
For simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes.