Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, providing about 9 grams for every 3 ounces. Better yet, studies show that soy may help to alleviate symptoms of fatty liver. Pair that with inflammation-fighting garlic and you’ve got a meal your liver will cheer about!
- One 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove the tofu from the package and drain the water. Pat dry with paper towel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
2. Place the tofu in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mixthoroughly.
3. In a separate pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the tofu mixture.
4. Sauté until the tofu is browned on all sides, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from Skinny Liver: A Proven Program to Prevent and Reverse the New Silent Epidemic—Fatty Liver Disease by Kristin Kirkpatrick, MS, RD, LD with Ibrahim Hanouneh, MD. Copyright © 2017. Availablefrom Da Capo Lifelong Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.