Nachos are always amazing but swapping tortilla chips with crunchy pork skins takes them to another level! Bonus: These are a dream for those following a ketogenic diet.
Swap option: Use red pepper "cups" or tortilla chips instead of pork rinds.
Keto queso dip
- 1 pound shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can tomatoes and chilies, preferably Ro-Tel
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- One 4.5-ounce can green chilies
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 pound pulled pork
- 1 recipe keto queso dip (recipe above)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 medium avocados, chopped
- 4 ounces traditional pork skins
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the keto queso dip:
Place all the ingredients in microwave safe bowl or crock-pot. If using a crock-pot, cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. If using a microwave, cook for 5 minutes, stopping every minute to stir.
For the nachos:
On a large platter, arrange pork skins covering the entire platter. Drizzle queso dip on top.
Layer the rest of the ingredients over the rinds ending with the fresh cilantro.