TODAY Table is sponsored by Walmart. Our editors independently created this recipe. If you purchase the ingredients through our links, we earn a commission. Learn more about Shop TODAY.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard, preferably French's
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot
- 1½ teaspoons All-Purpose Barbecue Seasoning (recipe above)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1½ cups Pig Beach Mustard Sauce (recipe above)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose Barbecue Seasoning (recipe above)
- 2 pounds Kirby cucumbers
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 (4-ounce) brisket short rib burger blend patties
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices white American cheese
- 3/4 cup Pig Beach Burger Sauce (recipe above)
- 1 cup Pig Beach Pickles (recipe above)
- 6 potato rolls
Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you: This burger is easy to put together. The multiple layers of flavors in the meaty burger start by making our homemade barbecue seasoning, which is a simple mixture of dried spices and herbs like paprika, cumin, chili powder, sugar and some fresh garlic and onion. Blended into the signature tangy sauce made from a burger lover's favorites (ketchup, mustard, hot sauce honey and more) and topped with cheese and zesty pickles make the extra effort of measuring and mixing well worth it. It's a comfort meal tailor-made for summertime and grilling season.
Swap option: To save time, use store-bought pickles, barbecue seasoning and mustard.
For the All-Purpose Barbecue Seasoning:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and then transfer to a food processor and pulse until evenly incorporated. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. It will last for 3 months in the pantry.
For the Pig Beach Mustard Sauce:
Combine all ingredients with an immersion blender and let sit overnight. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
For the Pig Beach Burger Sauce:
Combine all ingredients and chill overnight. Keep refrigerated.
For the Pig Beach Quick Pickles:
Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive container and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight. The following day, mix and serve.
For the burgers:1.
Preheat grill to high heat. Once it's up to temp, scrub the grates using a metal grill brush to remove any debris or food bits. Spray the grates with nonstick cooking spray.2.
Season the burgers to taste with salt and pepper and arrange on the grill. Cook for 2 minutes and then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes with a slice of American cheese on top of each burger. By the time the cheese is fully melted the burger will be cooked to about medium-rare. Or continue to cook the burgers to your desired doneness. Transfer the cooked burgers onto a cooling rack and let rest for 1 minute.3.
While the burgers are resting prepare each bun with 1 tablespoon of Pig Beach Burger Sauce on the bottom bun along with 6-8 Pig Beach Pickles. Place the cooked and rested burger patties on the prepared buns and dollop another tablespoon of burger sauce on top of each if desired. Finish with the top buns and serve immediately.