I love this recipe because it's so simple yet so satisfying. It's full of fresh tomatoes, garlic, toasted almonds and Parmigiano. It's delicious and different, and very Italian.
Technique tip: Great way to use over-ripe tomatoes in the summer.
Swap option: You can sub the cherry tomatoes for any very ripe tomato.
- 1/2 cup whole, peeled almonds, toasted
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cups very ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 20 large basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Kosher salt, to taste
Add the peeled almonds and garlic to a blender or food processor and pulse until slightly chunky. Then add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse until well combined. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, to taste.