This salad only has five ingredients but since persimmons aren't in season year round, it's not always easy to throw this together. However, if you're craving a different take on the traditional Italian classic (and you love sweet and salty combos) you'll love this salad. It's both refreshing and filling and can be served before, during or after dinner!
- 3 ripe fuyu persimmons, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Homemade croutons
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic reduction for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Arrange the persimmons and the fresh mozzarella on a serving dish.
2. Evenly distribute the croutons around the dish. If some of the basil leaves are on the large side, tear them up, then sprinkle over persimmons and cheese.
3. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of balsamic reduction on top of the salad.
4. Serve immediately.