These pancakes more than live up to their name. They turn out light, fluffy, crisp and positively perfect every time.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- Butter, room temperature
- Maple syrup, for serving
1. Into a bowl, mix dry ingredients. Into another bowl, whisk milk, egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the milk mixture, folding carefully. Add butter but do not over mix.
2. To cook, heat a large, nonstick pan or flat top griddle over medium-heat and brush with butter. Ladle the batter on top of the pan letting the batter spread out naturally into a circle. Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until you see bubbles form and it's golden brown on the bottom.
3. Carefully flip over pancake using a wide spatula. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the other side is golden as well. Serve with room temperature butter and warm maple syrup.