- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 cup prosciutto
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ground pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Cook the pasta until al dente, or 8 to 10 minutes.
Drain and keep warm.
2. In a sauté pan over low heat, sauté the prosciutto in the olive oil for about 3 minutes, or until prosciutto is wilted.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the prosciutto, heavy cream, 3½ cups of the Parmesan cheese, and a pinch of pepper.
5. Bring the sauce to a light boil, add the pasta, toss, and transfer the pasta into a shallow baking dish.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of Parmesan cheese on top and broil for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown.