This one-pot summer pasta recipe is super-easy.
- 3/4 pound dry penne pasta
- 6 ounces high quality mozzarella cheese, diced large
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, core removed, diced medium
- 1-2 sprigs fresh basil, sliced thick
- 1-2 sprigs fresh oregano, picked
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 clove garlic
1. Cook pasta following the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic and basil.
3. Once pasta is cooked, add to the mixing bowl and toss. Season with olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes, to taste.
4. Divide into serving bowls and enjoy.