Rice Krispies Treats are always a fun, easy way to entertain the kids. Using leftover Peeps (instead of white marshmallows) makes this classic treat worthy of the Easter Bunny.
Peeps Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 Peeps, any color
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the Peeps and cook until melted (if you want rainbow pattern, arrange the peeps in color groups and stir each group separately until melted).
2. Remove from the heat and quickly stir in all the cereal, then, using buttered fingers, press the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Allow them to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3. Cut the treats into bars or fun shapes using cookie cutters and serve.