All you need is coconut, food coloring, and marshmallow bunnies to turn a batch of basic chocolate cupcakes into these adorable Easter treats.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 4 cups chocolate buttercream frosting, homemade or store-bought
- One 16-ounce bag sweetened shredded coconut
- Green food coloring
- 24 marshmallow bunnies
1. Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Prepare and bake mix according to package directions for 24 cupcakes. Let cool completely.
2. While cupcakes bake, dye the coconut. Place coconut in a medium bowl and stir in 1 teaspoon of green food coloring, stirring until all coconut is evenly dyed. (Add more food coloring as needed.)
3. Prep the marshmallow bunnies by cutting them crosswise to varied heights and cut some in half, some by a third, and some by 2/3 to leave mostly just the head and bunny ears.
4. Use a small spatula to frost each cupcake, making sure to completely cover the tops.
5. Holding cupcakes by the bottom, dip each one frosting-side down into the dyed coconut and roll around until the top is coated. Repeat with all cupcakes.
6. Place a cut bunny in the center of each cupcake so it looks like it is peeping out of the grass. Add a bit more coconut around the bunny to make it fluffier.