Peanut butter, jelly and banana all come together in this super nutty banana bread recipe that's perfect to enjoy at any time of day.
Technique tip: Line loaf pans with parchment paper to easily remove the bread from the pan without damaging the swirl. Stir natural crunchy peanut butter before measuring.
Swap option: We used grape jelly for that classic PB&J taste, but feel free to swap in your favorite jam flavor.
- 1½ cups Smucker's Natural grape jelly
- 1 large egg white
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup natural crunchy peanut butter, stirred well
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper so it over hangs on the sides.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together jelly and egg white. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
This recipe is brought to you by TODAY with our sponsor Smucker's Fruit & Honey.
4. In separate large bowl, mix ripe mashed bananas, peanut butter, sugar, butter, vanilla, and lemon juice, until smooth and evenly combined.
5. Stir in the flour, mixing just until fully incorporated.
6. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan, then dollop in a few spoonfuls of the jelly mixture. Pour the rest of the batter in and smooth over the top. Finish with a few more large spoonfuls of the jelly mixture. Use a butter knife to swirl the jelly into the batter.
7. Bake 45-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove and let cool completely before slicing and serving.