Looking to give peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a major boost? Then try this satisfying and hearty French toast breakfast.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 slices rustic bread or good-quality Pullman bread
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Chopped honey roasted peanuts, for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves, plus more for serving
- Softened butter, for greasing
1. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk.
2. Put the bread slices on a work surface and spread 4 of the slices evenly with the peanut butter and then sprinkle with some chopped honey roasted peanuts. Spread the raspberry preserves evenly on the remaining slices of bread and close the sandwiches.
3. Heat a large griddle over moderate heat and grease it with butter. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture, pressing to soak.
4. Cook on the griddle over moderate heat, turning once, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes total; grease with more butter if needed.
5. Transfer the French toast to plates and top with more raspberry preserves and chopped honey roasted peanuts. Serve immediately.