Plenty of oats, creamy peanut butter, jam and chopped nuts make these bars a perfect grab-and-go breakfast treat.
Technique tip: Let parchment paper overhang to easily remove the bars from the baking pan. Use salted nuts to balance out the sweeter ingredients.
Swap option: Substitute half whole-wheat flour for a heartier whole grain version, top with granola instead of nuts.
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1½ cups Smucker's Natural strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- by 13-inch baking pan and line with parchment paper so that it overhangs. Grease the parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In the bowl of an stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars and cream until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla, peanut butter and milk, and mix until smooth.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour and oat mixture, just until combined.
5. Place about 2/3 of the dough into the pan and spread evenly, pressing out into corners as needed.
6. Add the strawberry jam and spread evenly over the dough.
7. Add large spoonfuls of the remaining dough over the jam layer, spreading out as evenly as possible (it may not cover the jam layer completely). Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
8. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely at room temperature, then chill 1 hour before slicing into squares.
This recipe is brought to you by TODAY with our sponsor Smucker's Fruit & Honey.