This is a great way to showcase summer peaches. A hint of spice and mildly sweet whipped cream let the freshness of the sweet fruit shine through.
Technique tip: Leaving the peaches unpeeled adds a great texture, but make sure to wash peaches well and rub with a towel to remove a hint of the fuzz.
Swap option: Ripe apricots or plums with a hint of balsamic reduction would be a fabulous substitution for peaches.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 4 ripe peaches, washed, fuzz wiped off, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 2 cups fresh vanilla-scented whipped cream
- Fresh mint and tarragon, torn
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, butter and cardamom. Cook until the sugar is melted.
2. Add the fresh peaches and gently sauté until sticky. Fold in the torn mint and tarragon leaves and place on a serving platter.
3. Top with a pillow of freshly made whipped cream scented with a teaspoon of vanilla extract.