This is the sandwich I make almost every time I have leftover chicken in the fridge. It's fresh, flavorful and only takes a few minutes to put together.
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 8 slices brioche bread, toasted
- leftover roast chicken, sliced and warmed (recipe linked above)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Mix the mustard and mayo together in a small bowl.
Spread the mixture onto each slice of bread, add a couple pieces of sliced chicken, then top with spinach and arugula, tomato and onion. Sprinkle lightly with coarse salt and black pepper and serve.