These are so easy to make, and add a summery kick to any gathering.
Technique tip: If the popsicles are sticking, quickly run hot water on the outside of the mold to loosen them, and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vodka (you can choose plain or flavored vodka if you prefer
- 1/8 teaspoon raspberry extract (if you used flavored vodka omit the extract or choose a complementary extract)
- Red and blue food coloring
1. Combine sugar and water in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar is dissolved (for simple syrup) and let cool.
2. Get a large measuring cup combine simple syrup, lemon juice, vodka, and raspberry extract. Stir until combined and then divide into three separate cups.
3. First cup: add two drops of red food coloring and stir. Second cup: add two drops of blue food coloring and stir. Third cup: leave as is, as this will be the white layer.
4. Starting with the red cup, pour the mixture one third of the way into your molds. Add your molds into the freezer and let set for roughly two hours.
5. Next slowly pour your white layer on top of your red, filling up another 1/3 of the mold. Freeze another two hours.
6. Next pour your blue layer. Freeze for eight hours. If the popsicles are sticking, quickly run hot water on the outside of the mold to loosen them, and enjoy!