- 1 pound white beans
- 1 cup italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 pound onions
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 pound prosciutto
- 4 quart water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound tubettini pasta
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Put the beans in a large pot and add enough cold water to cover by 3 to 4 inches.
Set aside to soak overnight.
Drain and rinse the beans with fresh water.
Boil for 1½ hours.
2. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat, add the garlic, onion and prosciutto, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft and golden.
Add the red pepper flakes and tomatoes, and cook uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Add the beans and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for ½ hour, or until the beans are very tender.
4. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente.
5. Add the pasta to the beans and stir over high heat for 1½ to 2 minutes to allow the pasta to combine with the sauce.
6. Garnish generously with grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 tablespoons per serving) and serve.