Take yesterday's mashed potatoes from boring to brilliant by turning them into cheesy, crispy potato pancakes. Use these to make sandwiches, serve them up as another savory side or a wonderful snack all on their own.
- TK heaping cups mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- Oil, for frying
- Milk, as needed
- Sour cream (optional)
1. In a bowl, mix all ingredients very well. If it is too dry adjust the consistency with a little milk.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a couple of tablespoons of oil.
3. Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot pan; brown on both sides.
4. Garnish with a bit of parsley and top with sour cream, if using.