For this frosé, we are using a quite dry rose with high acid, so that we can balance behind it with sugar and other acids to give it that rich body that a great frozen drink should have.
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle dry rose
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Orange wheels, to garnish
1. Blend all ingredients on high until well aerated and all sugar has been dissolved, about 30 seconds.
2. Transfer blended ingredients to mixing bowl and freeze uncovered for 6 hours or overnight (the wine and the vodka will stop it from freezing entirely).
3. Remove from freezer and return to blender. Blend on high until smooth, about 10 seconds. Serve in a rocks glass and garnish with an orange wheel and a straw.