- 1 2 whole organic chickens
- 2 3 cloves of garlic ( crushed)
- 3 zest of 2 lemons
- 4 1 chilli pepper finely chopped
- 5 1/4 bunch of tarragon (finely chopped)
- 6 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 7 100ml olive oil
- 8 3 carrots (roughly chopped)
- 9 3 celery stalks (roughly chopped)
- 10 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- 11 1/2 head garlic
In a medium sized bowl combine the garlic, tarragon, parsley, lemon , chilli pepper and olive oil.2.
Using your thumb and index finger separate the skin from the chicken and the meat from the breast.3.
You will need to insert you index finger at the neck end of the bird.
Work slowly so as not to tear the skin.
Once you have created a pocket between the skin and the meat, spoon the herb olive oil mixture under the skin of each chicken and evenly spread over the chicken (under the skin.)4.
In a large roasting tray place the carrots, onion, celery and 1/2 head of garlic.5.
Truss the chickens (tie the legs together).6.
Season the chickens with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.7.
Place chickens on the vegetables in the roasting pan and place in a preheated 180c / 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes.8.
Remove and place on your favorite serving tray.9.
Allow 20 minutes to rest the chicken before carving.