Panko-Crusted Oven-“Fried” Chicken:
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Buttered corn, peas, spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 oz. feta, crumbled
1. Chicken breasts: Slice into strips. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork (can be done up to 1 day ahead).
2. Chop garlic and onions (can be done up to 3 days ahead).
3. Prep breading stations: In one bowl or container, whisk eggs with some salt and pepper. Combine panko, paprika, salt, and pepper in a container with a lid or Ziploc bag.
1. Heat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Dip chicken into eggs and then toss into panko mixture. Cover with lid or zip bag and shake until panko coats chicken. Brush sheet pan with some oil and spread chicken out onto sheet pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is done and golden.
3. While chicken is baking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and then garlic and onions to melted butter with a sprinkle of salt. Saute until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Fold in corn and peas and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until everything is warmed through.
5. Fold in spinach, salt, and pepper. Finish with feta and season to taste with more salt and pepper as needed.
6. Enjoy chicken with your veggie side! (If the chicken feels a bit dry, just coat it in your side.)