This recipe is super simple, plus it uses ingredients that normally get thrown away, including parsley stems and stale bread.
Swap option: Replace shrimp with scallops or swordfish.
- 1 pound rock shrimp
- 1/2 loaf stale bread (about the size of your fist)
- 1/4 cup parsley stems, washed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil or other mild tasting vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 475°F and place a sheet pan inside to warm up.
2. Add stale bread, parsley stems and garlic to a food processor. Blitz the mixture until it looks like green breadcrumbs, then transfer to a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and salt.
3. Add shrimp to the egg white mixture, making sure they are well coated. Toss shrimp in batches in the green breadcrumb mixture, making sure they are well coated.
4. Remove warm baking sheet from the oven and add sunflower oil. Place the shrimp on the baking tray and bake for about 6 minutes, flipping the shrimp halfway through. Once cooked and crispy, plate the shrimp and enjoy!