These tasty sandwiches turn leftover steak into an entirely new dish. Just layer the juicy meat with melty mozzarella on crusty ciabatta bread with tomato sauce for a simple-to-prepare lunch or dinner.
- Leftover steak pizzaiola, sliced
- 1 cup leftover pizzaiola sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Four 1-inch-thick slices ciabatta or other crusty bread
- 2 ounces whole-milk shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, to garnish
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Place slices of bread on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute on each side, or until lightly toasted.
3. Layer on steak slices and spoon about 1/4 cup tomato mixture onto the toasted bread. Sprinkle shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese over the mixture. Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
4. Garnish with fresh oregano and serve.