- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium or large shrimp
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- Mung bean sprouts, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot with a lid, add the carrot, bell pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger, chopped peanuts, vegetable broth, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Add the linguine, breaking to fit if necessary.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid, stir in the shrimp, and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes more, until the linguine is al dente and the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
Stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with salt. Serve garnished with additional chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro and mung bean sprouts, along with lime wedges.