Get dinner on the table fast, and without accumulating a ton of dishes with this recipe from Tasty.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 42 ounces canned diced tomatoes, drained of excess water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil over medium high heat.
2. Add spaghetti, cook about 6-7 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Return the Dutch oven to the stovetop and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add the shrimp, salt, and ½ teaspoon of the red pepper flakes. Spread evenly across the bottom of the pot and cook until the bottom of the shrimp are pink and slightly brown, 45-60 seconds. Flip and repeat until shrimp are just cooked through.
5. Remove the shrimp and place in a small bowl to the side. Reduce heat to medium/low and add additional 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot, as needed.
6. Add onion and garlic to the oil and cook until onions have softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir frequently to ensure the garlic does not burn.
7. Add the diced tomatoes, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, oregano, and white wine. Stir and bring the sauce up to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
8. Return the shrimp (and any accumulated juices) to the sauce. Add the parsley, stir to incorporate.
9. Add the cooked spaghetti back into the pot, toss until evenly coated and heated, remove from heat, serve immediately. Enjoy!