Created by TODAY with our sponsor Uncle Ben's.
This quick, easy and flavorful one-pan meal is sure to become a regular in your dinner rotation. The honey mustard and thyme compliment the nuttiness of the wild rice while the chicken broth makes the chicken extra moist and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 large breasts)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 to 5 springs fresh thyme
- Two 8.8-ounce packages Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Long Grain & Wild Rice
- Fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
1. Heat the olive oil in a deep, 12-inch skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes, without moving, until the chicken is golden brown. Flip and cook for 2 minutes more, until the chicken is opaque but not cooked all the way through. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the broth, mustard, honey and dried thyme to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and cook, flipping once, for about 10 minutes more. Add the rice to the pan with the chicken, stirring it in to incorporate into the sauce.
3. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more, until the chicken is cooked through and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches 165 degrees.
4. Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.