This salmon dinner is full of healthy fats, protein and nutrients for skin glow, good energy and a healthy gut. It's an easy, fuss free healthy meal that you will want to make every.
Swap option: Swap the salmon tempeh or tofu.
Healthy teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce or soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (white, black or a mix)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 sweet potato, cut into rounds (about 1/3-inch thick)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- 2 salmon fillets
For the healthy teriyaki sauce:
Place all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
For the salmon:
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place the sweet potato and broccoli on the outskirts of the baking tray (leaving room in the center for the salmon). Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds and sea salt. Then roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
3. Remove the tray from oven. Next, place the two salmon fillets in the middle of the baking tray and drizzle with the teriyaki sauce.
4. Place the salmon in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it's cooked to your liking.