This powerhouse one-pan dish is so easy to prep that you'll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes! The flavored olive oil melts into these ingredients and creates an incredible flavor. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, B vitamins, potassium, selenium and antioxidants.
Technique tip: To simplify further, you can drizzle the olive oil and lemon over your ingredients plus sprinkle with pepper and call it a day.
Swap option: If you don't love salmon you can replace with a fish you prefer: Tilapia, sea bass, shrimp and scallops are all great options.
Flavored Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 large lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Roasted Salmon and Veggies
- 1 (1½- to 2-pound) wild caught salmon filet
- 2 bunches asparagus (about 2 pounds)
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 large lemon, sliced into rings for garnish
For the flavored oil:
In a small bowl, mash the lemon juice, pressed garlic, chopped parsley and black pepper into the olive oil until well blended.
For the roasted salmon and veggies:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash the Brussels sprouts and asparagus well. Remove the ends of both vegetables. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half. You can keep the asparagus long or cut in half.
3. Place skinless salmon filet lengthwise in the center of your baking pan. Arrange the Brussels sprouts and asparagus around the salmon. Using a brush, lightly drizzle the veggies with the olive oil mix. You can add a little olive oil to the salmon and sprinkle with pepper. Scatter slices of lemon on the pan.
4. Bake for around 12-15 minutes depending on how well-done you like your salmon cooked, then turn the oven to a broil setting for around 2-3 minutes to give the salmon a final golden glow. Serve immediately.