This one-pan baked chicken with vegetables looks as if it took hours to put together, but with these simple and flavorful ingredients it can be prepared in minutes. The parsley, lemon and chili flakes give it a fresh taste, while the olive oil and chicken juices cook the vegetables to juicy perfection. This high protein, healthy carb dinner will be your go-to for an easy and surprisingly sophisticated meal.
Technique tip: To reduce dishes, you can toss all of the ingredients onto the pan and use a cooking brush to make sure the olive oil is evenly distributed.
Swap option: Remember, this dish is meant to be stress-free so swap out the veggies to whatever you have at home.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, cleaned and ends trimmed, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 small bundle long carrots, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, lemon slices, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, chopped parsley and chili flakes (optional). Spread this mixture over the baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes.
3. While the chicken is roasting, in a separate large bowl, toss together the broccolini, carrots and remaining olive oil.
4. Add this veggie mixture to the baking sheet with the chicken mixture. Give it a quick toss to combine the flavors.
5. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the broccolini is crispy. Make sure your chicken is fully cooked.