- 1 pound beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounce canned diced tomatoes (without juice)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 33/100 cup ketchup (for meatloaf topping)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar (for meatloaf topping)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (for meatloaf topping)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish.
Shape into a loaf.
Mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard for topping and spread on loaf.
Bake for 1 hour.