Just in time for National Margarita Day, The London Hotel in New York City has crafted this extravagant $1,200 cocktail, consisting of the exclusive Patrón en Lalique Serie 1, a blend of the oldest and rarest tequilas. The limited-edition bottle goes for $7,500 each, but you can easily replicate this drink at home with the more wallet-friendly Patrón Añejo (or any tequila of your choice) and store-bought bitters.
- 1 1/2 ounces Patrón en Lalique Serie 1
- 1 ounce Rémy Martin Louis XIII
- 1/2 ounce organic blue agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce fresh organic key lime juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh organic Meyer lemon juice
- 10 dashes housemade cara cara sour bitters
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill. Strain into a chilled cocktail coupe and garnish with a fresh lime wedge.