- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves (pack them in tightly!)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick strips
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/8-thick slices
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Who says lasagna needs to bake in an oven? In this recipe, Kelsey Banfield of The Naptime Chef simply layers thinly sliced raw tomatoes and zucchini with creamy ricotta, and tops everything with a zingy basil pesto. Done. This no-bake version of lasagna couldn't be quicker, or more refreshing. Tip: Make it with farmer's market tomatoes when they're in season this summer (instead of using bland supermarket tomatoes) for an extra-juicy, flavor-packed dish. Want more ideas? See Kelsey's TODAY segment for more recipes, and download the complete shopping list for all of our No-Cook Week recipes.
For the pesto: Combine the basil and garlic in a food processor fitted with a blade and blend to a fine paste. Add pine nuts and process until smooth. Add the cheeses and process again, until smooth. With the machine running, pour the olive oil in the food processor and mix until smooth and creamy. If pesto seems too thick, pour in up to 1/4 cup of warm water, one tablespoon at a time, pulsing between each addition. Set aside.