Ice cream is always a treat, but it tastes even better when you make it yourself! This creamy, dreamy no-churn ice cream comes together in just 10 minutes. The hardest part is simply waiting for it to chill.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2-3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 ¼ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 pinches sea salt (optional)
- 1 to 2 pinches cocoa powder (optional)
- Chocolate chips, sprinkles, nuts, caramel sauce or nut butter
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl (or in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), add the cold heavy whipping cream and instant coffee. Add a pinch or two of cocoa powder, if using. Gently whisk and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and sea salt, if using. Gently mix with spatula until homogeneous and set aside.
3. Return to the cream mixture and begin whipping. Start it on the lowest speed setting to prevent splashing and increase to the highest speed until whipped cream forms with stiff peaks (this will take about 3 minutes). The mixture should be silky and smooth in texture, be careful not to over whip the cream as butter can form.
4. Using a spatula, scoop 1/3 of the coffee whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture and gently fold to combine. Repeat this step until all of the whipped cream is folded into the sweetened condensed milk mixture.
5. Using a ladle, scoop a layer of ice cream base into a storage container. Add in a layer of your mix-ins, if using, add another layer of the ice cream base followed by another layer of mix-ins. Continue this process until all of the ice cream base and mix-ins are in the container.
6. Cover container with a lid and place mixture in the freezer for at least 5 hours or overnight. Then take it out of the freezer and let it sit on counter for 5 to 7 min if ice cream is initially too hard to scoop. Do not microwave the mixture before serving!