This cheesecake is for all the Oreo cookie lovers out there. A crumbled chocolate cookie crust creates the foundation for a sweet, creamy filling. And there are cookies in the filling, too! Just chill in the fridge (no baking necessary) overnight, or at least four hours, before enjoying this party favorite.
Special equipment: Stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment
- 35 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
1. Put 20 Oreos into a large, resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin until fine crumbs form.Stir together cookie crumbs and butter until combined. Firmly press mixture into a 9-inch or 10-inch springform pan, covering the bottom and 1/2 inch to 1 inch up the side. Place shell in the freezer until filling is ready.
2. Roughly chop 15 Oreos for the filling. These should not be fine crumbs, but more like bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
3. Put heavy cream in bowl. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Fold whipped heavy cream into cream cheese mixture. Then fold in chopped Oreos. Pour into prepared shell.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
5. When ready to serve, run a knife between cheesecake and pan. Unclasp sides and remove cheesecake.Drizzle with chocolate sauce before serving.