Combine rich, creamy chocolaty flavor with the cool, crisp taste of mint in this easy to prepare, delicious and crowd-pleasing pie.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 OREO Mint Flavored Chocolate Candy Bars
For the crust:
Coat a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place OREO cookies and salt in a food processor. Pulse until cookies are broken down into crumbs. Pour in melted butter and pulse until well mixed. Pour crust mixture into the prepared pie dish and press into an even crust.
For the filling:
1. Pour the heavy cream into a medium bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream into stiff peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, whip the cream cheese for 1 minute, then add the powdered sugar and whip until smooth. Add green food coloring, peppermint extract, vanilla extract and salt, and continue to mix until the color is uniform.
3. Gently fold in the homemade whipped cream.
4. Roughly chop the OREO Mint Flavored Chocolate Candy Bars into small pieces. Reserve a few tablespoons and fold in the rest of the chopped chocolate candy into the filling.
Pour the filling into the chilled crust and sprinkle with the reserved chopped candy. Refrigerate pie for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Serve!