My youngest son, Luca, called me one day from school and said, "Mom, we have a bake sale today for the soccer team and I need you to make something dank." Apparently the word "dank" now means something amazingly good. Being that it was last minute, I was forced to be creative with what I had in the pantry: marshmallows, dark chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels and puffed rice. His verdict? "Mad dank."
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 12 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels or pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
1. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with parchment and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and beginning to bubble, about 3 minutes.
3. Remove pot from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Transfer to prepared baking dish and smooth top using a spatula. Cool to room temperature.
4. Use parchment to lift bars from baking dish. Transfer to cutting board and cut into squares to serve.