This versatile recipe for chocolate lovers works well with raisins, mini-marshmallows or any kind of dried fruit or nuts. Keep a log in the freezer and serve up these cookies whenever some unexpected visitors show up during the holidays
Coconut Crunch Cookie Log
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup raisins or mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1. In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chocolate chips. Set over medium-low heat and cook until melted, stirring until combined. Remove from heat and stir in crushed corn flakes and raisins or marshmallows.
2. Shape into three logs, 2-inches in diameter. Scatter coconut on a cookie sheet and roll each log in coconut until fully covered. Wrap logs in parchment or waxed paper and refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
3. Slice into rounds (about 1/2-inch thick) and serve immediately.