Not a big fan of overly sweet desserts? A cheesecake with sour cream cuts down on the sweetness and makes a glorious base for fruit compotes. No oven needed for this recipe and the filling only takes about 10 minutes to make so it truly couldn't be simpler!
Special equipment: Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 graham-cracker pie crust
1. Pour heavy cream into a bowl. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla extract until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Fold whipped heavy cream into cream cheese mixture.
3. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight (you will get the best results!). Serve with cherry compote or any fresh fruit of your choice.