- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
Growing up in St. Lucia, we didn’t have Thanksgiving, so I first experienced it when I was at culinary school and went home with a classmate. The tradition and family part of the holiday reminded me of our holiday gatherings back home. I love combining my Caribbean roots with the traditional Thanksgiving food, like in this quick roasted sweet potato recipe with jerk seasoning.
In a bowl, mix sweet potatoes with all the ingredients and reserve.2.
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place sweet potatoes in a roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes, until tender; turning every 8 minutes to ensure they cook and caramelize evenly.