New Orleans cuisine is all about big, bold taste. These shrimp bring the heat of classic NOLA flavors with zesty lemon, fiery hot sauce and aromatic garlic.
Swap option: Try this recipe with scallops instead of shrimp.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound jumbo head-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- French bread, toasted, for serving
Heat large sauté pan over medium heat add oil. When oil just starts to smoke, add shrimp and cook for one minute. Flip shrimp and cook another minute. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add Worcestershire, cream, lemon and hot sauce. Turn heat to high to reduce sauce till the thickness of double cream. Stir in the fennel and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, add butter and shake pan to mix. Serve with toasted French bread.