- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oIive oil
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-ounce bag slaw (mixed purple and green cabbage)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon relish
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Pepper Jack cheese slices
- Butter, softened
- Brioche buns
- Caramelized onions (recipe above)
- Avocado slices
- Southwestern sauce (recipe above)
- Southwestern slaw (recipe above)
The crunchy slaw, sweet caramelized onions and spicy slider sauce make these tiny turkey burgers absolutely irresistible.
These tasty sliders, designed by Natalie Morales, are currently being served at the TODAY Cafe at the Universal Orlando Resort in Orlando, Florida.
Universal Orlando Resort is part of our parent company, NBCUniversal.
For the caramelized onions:
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Cook until translucent.
Sprinkle with the salt and add the balsamic vinegar. Allow the onion to caramelize over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring every so often so it doesn't burn.
For the Southwestern slaw:
In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, Sriracha, lime juice, honey and salt. Add the slaw, radishes, red onion and cilantro, and toss to combine. Let the cabbage marinate while you make the sauce.
For the Southwestern sauce:
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
For the sliders:
In a large bowl, mix the turkey, egg, pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, scallion, cayenne, chipotle, cilantro, salt and pepper. Form the mixture into small slider-sized patties.
Heat up a griddle with a bit of olive oil. Fry the patties for about 5 minutes each side, until they are cooked through, and at the last minute, top with a slice of Pepper Jack cheese.
To assemble the sliders:1.
Preheat a griddle to medium heat.2.
Butter the slider buns and toast on the griddle until the inside of the bun is golden.3.
Place the burgers, caramelized onions and thinly sliced avocado on the bottom bun. Add Southwestern sauce and slaw and finish with the top bun.