Breakfast can always be a struggle for the modern worker on the run. Fear no more with this easy breakfast that can be done in less than 20 minutes. Great for sharing with friends (or just making it for yourself) ... whichever you prefer.
Technique tip: Since there are so few ingredients, every component is critical. I find the bun to be one of the most important aspects of this sandwich. So find a great bun! Another good trick is to serve this with a condiment bar that includes mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomato and onions. That way, everyone can build their own sandwiches.
Swap options: You can easily swap out any pre-cooked protein for the turkey sausage patty. Try using bacon, beef sausage, a chorizo sausage patty, or go veggie! You can also swap out the American cheese for the cheese of your choice, although I do recommend sticking to classic American for this classic.
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 brioche buns, sliced
- 6 turkey sausage breakfast patties, cooked
- 6 slices American cheese
Preparation for eggs:
1. Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
2. Once combined, transfer the mixture into a pitcher for easier pouring.
3. Pour the mixture into a muffin tin pan and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, or until eggs have set. Once cooked, store and reserve.
Preparation for sandwiches:1. Assemble the sandwich by layering the bottom half of the brioche bun with one turkey sausage patty, one egg, and one slice of American cheese and then close with the top bun.
2. Wrap each tightly in parchment paper.
3. Heat in microwave for 1 minute to 1 ½ minutes.
4. Serve immediately and enjoy, or wrap it up in aluminum foil for a great on-the-go breakfast.